Wapin Bridge

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 19:33:16 -0500

Hi Terry,

You wrote:
>In KC last year I specifically made a point to tell David
> Hughes & wife how refreshing it was for people with their knowledge &
> experience to share with others very technical aspects about how they
build
> boards, bridges, etc.

(Bravo, Standing ovation, !!!!)

Our local guild chapter took a 'field trip' down to see the Hughes' and
their workshop.  (It's about an hour and a half drive from where I live.)  I
have to say that Dave and Judy are two of the nicest, most down to earth,
people I've met in the piano business.  And you're right, Dave is very
willing to talk about the things he's doing in pretty high detail, and to
share his ideas with people he comes in contact with.  (I would imagine Judy
is the same, but haven't had the opportunity to talk with her as much.)
Dave and Judy are a blessing to those they come in contact with, and I am
glad to have been able to interact with them. (I hope to do so again in the
future!)

I realize that there are times when people can't disclose the details of
what they're doing, or choose to have some of the fine details of their work
remain proprietary.  That's understandable.  But on the other hand, I tend
to think that when we are able to interact with each other, speculate and
theorize, take the toys apart and play with the pieces, that we all benefit
from the interaction.  Sort of the old saying, "The whole is more than the
sum of it's parts."

No arrows.  Just some thoughts.

But thanks for mentioning Dave & Judy.  (By the way, I won't be getting a
kick-back for my remarks. <grin>)  They are a fine example of what I hope to
be someday.

Best wishes,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA