Brandon seminar... traveler type question

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:44:05 -0500

Hi Brian. I'll be looking forward to meeting you in Brandon. I am travelling
there from Florida.

I went to my bank last week and ordered $500 (U.S.) in Canadian funds (came
out to $650 or so Canadian). I think I have way more money than I need (but
then I may want to FedEx some snow to my son who has never seen snow!). But
I kinda like it that way (rarely happens!). Don't forget that even though
the exchange rate is about 0.7, things cost a lot more in Canada. The bank
had to order the Canadian dollars and that took a couple days. You might
want to simply get on the phone in your town and start calling banks and see
if any have Canadian funds immediately available (you are in a border state,
so maybe you can find some). I wouldn't worry too much though, the school
should be able to exchange some - they will likely give you close to the
bank exchange rate. You may find that the more private and small an
enterprise in Canada will tend to give you less in an exchange (sometimes A
LOT less, i.e. rip you off). You might be able to find a bank near the
school, where of course you can exchange at the international rate. Try to
do it at home though.

I'm really looking forward to being in Canada again. I used to vacation
there a lot (only, not, er, umm, often in February). Beautiful place &
wonderful people. I can't figure out what clothes to bring with me (I
actually found my union suit from twenty years ago when I lived in
Michigan!). I'm not talking fashon here, but rather survival. The morning I
sent in my registration it was -33 F in Winnipeg! Oh, and make sure to have
your BIRTH CERTIFICATE plus one picture ID (drivers license, etc.). You'll
have someone you don't know very well going through your pants if you don't!
See ya there!  Mush!

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Brandon, Florida