Wapin Bridge

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 23:49:59 -0600

> Call me skeptical.

Skeptical Dale,
	If you have not tuned a piano with the Wapin bridge, I can
understand why you are skeptical.  When I read Roy's description of
the treble it brought to mind another of the the impressions I got
from one tuning of a piano with a Wapin bridge.  The treble was
what you want when you shift the action in and out (to find optimum
strike point) but never get. The other thought that crossed my mind
was that if this is an improvement due solely to the Wapin and it
works as good in other pianos, the Wapin is indeed a revolutionary
improvement.
	Remember when you heard a Walkman for the first time, or those
types of headphones?   The Wapin I heard evoked a similar
experience.   OK, only one piano, but still more than enough to
say, you gotta check this out!   I have no vested interest in this,
I was just called as substitute tuner.
	The piano is in a performance venue at USD  (University South
Dakota) so is fairly accessible.  There is supposed to be a piano
technicians conference on the campus at the Shrine to Music Museum.
in April.    I hope it would be possible to stroll over to "Old
Main"  to see this piano with a Wapin bridge.   ---ric

<roy.peters@mindspring.com>

This piano had more brightness and sustain,