Wapin Bridge

Bill Springer bake@spa.att.ne.jp
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 13:34:59 +0900

Hi Clark,

I wish I could discuss more of the details of how Wapin works, but due to a
disclosure type of  agreement I am unable to. The best way to understand
this system without actually signing a disclosure agreement would be to see
and hear a "Wapinized" piano in person.

Wapin LLP will be conducting training sessions in various parts of the
country for interested technicians who have signed the disclosure agreement.
Space will be limited to 2 or 3 technicians per session as this is totally
hands on, during an actual Wapin installation.  I mean how many hands do you
need <g>?

If interested, Email me privately and I'll let you know what might be
available in your area. I belive Michael Wathen (the inventor) will be doing
some kind of seminar in Cincinnati soon demonstrating Wapin in only one
section.

Bill Springer, RPT
bill.springer@wapin.com
http://www.wapin.com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Clark
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2000 8:12 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Wapin Bridge

Bill, et al.

I think the Wapin bridge termination is intriguing. I just checked out the
FFTs
and their adjustments, and the frequencies were as I expected they would be;
what I would be more interested in would be comparisons against the Sohmer
and
Hallet & Davis configurations (these are agraffed bridges). Likewise, a
comparison with, say a Guild & Church, pressure bar bridge would be
informative.
 <Snip>...