Wapin Bridge

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 13:21:59 -0600

>  Wapin bridge will necessarily stay in the
>realms of piano folklore.  Since a controlled experiment on a single piano
>is impossible, the only recourse would be to statistical experimentation.

Well, maybe not. Two unisons, Wapinized, alternating with two unisons,
repinned (etc.) as usual, should give you a fairly decent idea of the
difference in any part of the scale within one piano. It seems to me that,
if the difference was so dramatically and obviously wonderful, the folks
licensing the process would have one made up like this and haul it to every
seminar and convention there is to show it off. Then again, there's the
hammer voicing, which can shade things in the direction the voicer wishes,
so there probably isn't any realistic way to make a determination. Oh well,
there's always magic varnish.

Ron N