termination and inharmonicity ?

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 10:28:43 -0600

----------
> From: Richard Brekne >
>
> The sharper and thiner the front termination point the lower the
inharmonicity,
> and the rounder and wider the termination point the more. This
due to the fact
> that the thin and sharp allow for more flexing about the
termination point, with
> more bending attributed to the wide and round...

As long as the wire wasn't yanked up to "level" it,  thereby
destroying the elastic curve around the "termination point".  Easy
to "imagine" the inharmonicity being screwed up if that happened.
So whether it (wire) "flexes" more on "the thin and
sharp",(termination)  or "bends" more with the "wide and round"
I don't see how this affects inharmonicity.  Experiments could be
done.
  So far I haven't seen inharmonicity formulas that consider
termination
radius. ---ric