Gluing sound board cracks back to ribs.

Sun, 13 Feb 2000 10:11:27 -0500

Ric -

I agree with Jon.  Since you have stated that you do not have access to
the front side, you do have a problem of drawing up a board that sounds
as if it has curled away quite a bit.

I have had luck pulling it back to the rib before drilling (and then
gluing and screwing) by spinning a few drywall screws on either side of
the repair area to create a "handle" you can pull on to bring it back to
the rib while you run make the repairs.

If the board is still tight on the other side of the crack, I wouldn't
worry about screwing it down.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com