birdcages - oops

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 02:40:11 -0600 (CST)

Avery,
At 21:30 02/12/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Conrad,
>    I forgot to mention in the last post that I recently had a 165 yr. old
(app.) straight strung Collard & Collard that I could probably send your way
if you're interested. :-)

...And I $uppo$e that I would have thanked you prufu$ely, no?

>    What you need is a tech in the area that likes to work on things like
>this. $$$$$$

I have, and expect to again in the near future, worked on $quares, and for
the $ame rea$on.   For that $ame rea$on I'll be doing work on that
Wurli$teel grand, and perhap$ that $ad Welte-Mignon.   I also have done work
on harp$ichords and reed organ$, but for some reason the prospe˘t of
bird˘ages doesn't ˘apture my imagination. (The dearth of opportunity to work
on the ˘reatures has been a blessing.)

BTW, I'm in the middle of resurrecting a freebie basketcase little (flattop,
ca.1873) reed organ for myself. (i.e. not for resale or for a customer.)
[being divorced means that I can spread out reeds & things all over the
dining room table and nobody complains.;-] I suppose my sanity could be
judged by that??

Insomniacs unite!
(actually, noisy college students returning at bar closing time woke me up.)
%-(

Conrad