Restringing

Sat, 12 Feb 2000 18:00:15 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: David ilvedson <ilvey@jps.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: February 12, 2000 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: Restringing

> As a designer what would you want in a capo bar if you even
> wanted one?
>
> David I.

Part 2

I should have added that I don't much care for cast iron V-bars of any
configuration.  Assuming that I can't use an individual termination piece --
sadly, no one wants to do this these days -- I prefer a separate silicon or
manganese bronze casting placed against a machined flat surface on the
bottom of the Capo d'Astro bar.  These castings are somewhat harder than
cast iron and are still quite lubricous.  They can be made with great
precision.  It is generally possible to more accurately position the V-bar
using this system, making the positioning of the strike point some easier.

Del