Restringing

Sat, 12 Feb 2000 17:52:04 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: David ilvedson <ilvey@jps.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: February 12, 2000 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: Restringing

> As a designer what would you want in a capo bar if you even
> wanted one?
>
> David I.

Well, yes, I do want one.  But I don't much care for the V-bar.  I prefer
something like the old Chickerings (along with a couple of others) that used
an inverted half-agraffe.

Instead of the half-agraffe, however, I would prefer a specialized
termination piece made of one of the various silicon bronze or manganese
bronze alloys.  Even better, if I could have them made of powdered metal, a
mix of bronze and iron powders would be nice.

I'm afraid that the exact configuration and termination point contour of
this termination piece will have to wait for another day.

There is a drawing in one of my Journal articles showing the contour of the
existing V-bar that I prefer.

Del