birdcages

Stephen Powell pianotec@ihug.co.nz
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 10:00:30 +1300

Okay, I have to jump in on this one!  Last year I "reconditioned" the action
of one of these things - yeah I know, but the owners were willing to pay
what it cost even after I tried to talk them out of it.  Anyway, I put in a
new set of damper felts that I cut myself [the precut set I got from Renner
were too flimsy IMO] and I was very surprised how well the thing damped,
although still not as well as an underdamper.  The dampers above the
tenor/treble break were next to useless though because there isn't enough
room between the hammers and v-bar for dampers.

I'm beginning to wonder about this conspiricy thing - I see on average one
or two birdcages per week.  Somebody's got it in for me!

Stephen

Auckland, NZ