Restringing

Richard Brekne richardb@c2i.net
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 09:24:11 +0100

David ilvedson wrote:

> I typically use emory cloth to smooth out capo bars.  I have
> used files and wonder if they are necessary?  Deeply grooved
> capos would be a reason, but useally the cuts are minor...
>
> David I.

It kinda depends on what profile you are after. If you aggree with some of the
fellows on this list, an emory cloth should be just the thing as you are going for
a nice fat round shape.

I personally remain unconvinced that this is the best profile in every situation.
In cases where you want a thin and sharp profile, emory cloth might be a be more
difficult to use. A file works great to create this shape.

As far as whats best... thats another discussion, and there are plenty of folks on
both sides of that fence.. grin.

Richard Brekne
Associate PTG, N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway