Floor Tunings

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 06:42:14 -0500

I am following with some interest since I do alot of floor tunings - I agree with
Ron(?) that you should just go as fast through it as you can, making sure that
the unisons are not offensive - at least for the dealership I work for -
temperment and stretch is not as important as unisons to this dealer.

also

to the people that do floor tunings on this list - do any of you stop what you're
doing when there is a potential buying on the floor? I do, and yes it adds time
to the overall tuning - but here's my theory behind it - If I were a customer and
I was looking to spend thousands of dollars, I would want some semblence of peace
to make a desicion, and I would find someone tuning a piano while a sales person
was going through his pitch to be somewhat offensive. I understand it's not an
intentional thing on our part, but I am always looking out for the customer and
the sales person's best interest - we have tried scheduled tunings at different
times of the day, different days, etc... there seems to be no real 'best time'
for me to do my job in peace..hence I get through it as fast as I can.

Rook