Baldwin/Renner Action

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 09 Feb 2000 22:14:50 -0600

Hi Allan,
             I remember it being offered with a Baldwin built action as a
special order, I was told that none were made, as the small difference in
price, dealers felt the German action was a strong selling point.
  I sold the first production SF10 to the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corp)
They
waited 18months for delivery, after seeing a prototype. Early to mid 70's.
This
unit has a Renner action.
Trivia for what it is worth.
Roger

At 07:54 PM 09/02/00 -0500, you wrote:

> Folks on the list,
>

> For those of you who know me personally you know that I just can t let
> something lie when it keeps bugging me.  I forget the original thread title
> but the subject of actions in Baldwin SF-10s came up a week or two ago.  I
> mentioned remembering both Renner and Baldwin actions being listed as
> available and several folks disagreed.  Yesterday, I asked a couple of the
> guys who have been on staff at the store for many years if they remembered
> options being available on the SF.  Since they remembered what I thought I
> had, we went to the archives and started digging up old pricelists.  On the
> 1984 price list I find two SF-10s listed.  Both are in Satin ebony but have
> different prices.  One is an SF-10B (less expensive) while the other is an
> SF-10R.
>

> At this point I m still looking for my old tech manual that might list the
> difference although they were both set up to the same specs if memory serves
> correctly (but I won t swear to it until I find the documentation <grin>).
>

> Allan
>
> Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
>
> Assistant Director - PTG National Institute
>
> July 5-9, 2000 - Arlington, VA
>
> agilreath@mindspring.com

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.