floor tuning job...

pianolover@worldspy.net pianolover@worldspy.net
9 Feb 2000 17:23:28 -0800

I have a couple upcoming interviews at Piano dealer's/showrooms, for the position as "Floor tuner/prep" guy,  and being a very new Newbie, does anyone have any suggestions  as to what TO do and what NOT to do during the interview? I expect to start (I was told) by tuning a piano for them, and then they will "check" my work. Should I simply go at my own pace, and take as much time as I need, or should I  go through the process as quickly as possible? Being new, I will undoubtedly be a bit nervous with all or many eyes watching. I realize that this kind of job is a great opportunity to gain experience tuning/regulating lots of pianos, both new and used, so I want to do my best, of course. Maybe those of you that have been/are employed by a Piano dealer can give me some helpful hints and insights into your experience in this area. Thanks!

Terry Peterson
LA, CA

Get free Internet service and email at http://www.worldspy.com