Harpsichord Coils with no becket hole

Patrick Baum patbaum@rice.edu
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 17:49:13 -0500

Mike,

I often forget, too, so I carry a cheat sheet in my harpsichord tool bag.
It is from an old catalog published by the Harpsichord Center in Los
Angeles.  Don't think I can rally up the words to properly describe.  So
I'd be happy to fax or snail-mail you the diagrams I use.   Let me know
where to send it.   Patrick

YOU WROTE:
Hello Friends,
     I forgot again!  How does one make those string coils for the
tapered tuning pins with no becket hole?  I learned this twice but never
remember when the awful event happens as i don't do it often enough.

thanks in advance,
- -Mike

Patrick Baum, RPT
Harpsichord and Piano Tuning Service