Accordions

robert goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Wed, 09 Feb 2000 08:12:20 -0800

OFF TOPIC-  sorry about the accordion tangent folks.  Hang loose a little and
you might learn something just in case you get the urge to join us crazy squeeze
types.

PAT A RALPH wrote:

> Last night I located a broken wire on a mike system in a MIDI retrofited
> Cordovox Model 251A

Ahhh yes, the infamous Cordovox!  I'm not very familiar with the later models
but I know the early ones were absolutely awful.  Heavy as all get out and the
actual accoustic accordion was of the worst quality.  Are these still in
production under this name?
I know someone who has a nice MIDI accordion of some sort, seems pretty nice.
I've always been more of an accoustic man myself.  I figure if you want MIDI buy
a keyboard.  Of course my tastes could change with time.

> Monday, I picked up a professional model full size that just needs the dust
> cleaned off the reeds so they all respond properly, basic tuning seems
> "close"

This sounds like a lucky find.  What flavor is it?  You sound accordion techy,
do you do repair?

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV