doping pinblock/piano upside down

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Wed, 09 Feb 2000 09:00:13 PST

John,

  Having once restrung a piano in one of my dad's customer's home, I highly
recommend against _any_ major work in a customer's home.  Customers do not
understand about the different things we do to their pianos (isn't it
drilled into every child from an early age, "don't pound on the piano?"

  It's even worse when it's a beloved family heirloom!

  It's easy to CA glue a block witht the piano upright and the glue goes
wherever needed. How can it possibly be harder to pull the action and put
some plastic and newspaper in the keybed than it is to turn the piano upside
down?

  You've started a good thread, some very interesting comments from others
so far.

  Diane Hofstetter