Wheelock

Mark Dierauf mark@nhpianos.com
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 07:52:53 -0500

 Dave -
  Just put a new block in one last fall. In fact, I'm going to be tuning it
today. It's an Aeolian piano, Identical to a Marshall & Wendall I did years
ago. (The M&W had a decal on it claiming that it had been produced
exclusively for Chickering.) The Wheelock had one of the crappiest pinblocks
I'd ever seen, it was only about 1 1/8" thick, except in the bass, where
they had added another 1/8" lamination. The plate was only held down in the
front by one screw on either side, going into the "rim". Ron was right,
"Woof woof!", but with new hammers & restrung, it sounds OK and the customer
is happy. Also watch out for pot metal action brackets!
- Mark