removing spoons

Ron & Lorene Shiflet rshiflet@eaznet.com
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 18:26:41 -0700

Dear list,
    Some time ago I sent an email about a retrofitted action in a =
Gulbransen console.  Many thanks to Newton Hunt for his correct =
diagnosis that the new spoons were too tall thus causing the hammers to =
move towards the strings when the damper pedal is depressed. =20
    I need to shorten the spoons about 1/16 to 1/8 of an inch.  I assume =
that the best way to go about this is to remove them, trim the bottoms =
and reinstall the spoon.  What is the best way to remove the spoons.  Is =
there an easy way to pull them.  I'm want to avoid centerpin damage.  =
Does anyone have experience with this?  Thanks in advance. =20

Ron Shiflet