Tuning levers

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 20:23:00 -0600

Bill B,

I have heard of the Wonderwand--where do you find them?

The impact/nudge method also works for me, although I have been
experimenting again with the smooth method.

I agree that an expensive lever will not make one a better tuner. But, in
thinking about lever construction, it seems that one with little or no flex
would be preferable. One wants all the energy to go into moving the pin
rather than flexing the metal, right? Maybe the more expensive ones would be
a little better because of better material.  ??

Have you used the Hale levers at all?

Best regards,

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS