Piano Truck Options

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sun, 06 Feb 2000 19:48:29 -0600

>I have figured the most one can do is to alert the potential hazards
>(doorjambs / personal injury) crystal clear to the customer before
>installation, and recommend that specific persons be educated to move the
>piano.
>
>Keith McGavern

The worst problem I have with them is that people mistake them for racing
dollies, even though they obviously don't have the posi-stick suspension,
and try to ramp jump them over thresholds. They also want to spin the
pianos around by grabbing the front corner of the lid from the rear and
pulling very hard. A (sort of) local kid dumped a studio upright on his
foot about five years back doing just that, and I've seen a lot more dumped
pianos that didn't happen to squash anyone. The piano was easier to repair
than the kid, I'll bet.

Bottom line is that the dollies are fine. It's the users that are faulty.
There's plenty of grounds for worry.

Ron N