stringing supplies

ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 19:16:47 EST

Any piano supply company can help you.  Call them and they will recommend
what to start with.  I carry a Genk piano wire case that I stocked with 13-20
gauge wire in the half sizes.  You can buy a digital micrometer from Harbor
Freight tools for under $50.

Ed Tomlinson

<< Could I get some tips/advice on what I should have in the way of a good
basic variety of piano wire? I have not yet replaced any strings, but I would
like to be prepared to replace/splice any broken or missing strings I may
encounter. Also, I am told I will need something called a "micrometer," to
measure the string gauges. How many types of wire should I carry, or is there
a "universal" type I can use for basic replacement? Thanks.

 Terry >>