Platform for TunLab

Michel Lachance michel_lachance@hotmail.com
Sat, 05 Feb 2000 21:52:00 EST

Brian,

As far as I know, the Win CE operating system that is usually put into the
palmtops is very different from Windows and call for thorough reprogramming
of the PC software if we want them to run on those.  However, the Libretto
model has pretty much the size of a palmtop and runs Windows 9X.  I know
that RCT runs very well on it.

Taking for granted that laptops are less convenient than a tuning fork (as
to the space they take in a toolcase) I wouldn't say they are "overwhelming"
though.  It requires some change of habit but, for me, it is no longer a
matter of concern.

Moreover, being able to enter all the client's and piano info right on the
spot (some even print their bill right on their laps!) bring some features
one could not expect from a tuning fork.

You can even play Solitaire games while waiting for the check!

Regards,

Michel Lachance, RPT