samick tuning pins

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Sat, 05 Feb 2000 14:56:37 -0600

Hi Les,
I'm with Jon here. Something's wrong with the block. A 4/0 pin driven into
a hole a 2/0 pin came out of shouldn't be as loose as everything else in a
year. I'd be concerned that repinning will just mean looking at the same
problem again in a couple of years, only with an irate customer hanging on
your back and yelling at you. I'd explain the problem to them, recommending
first, piano replacement, then pinblock replacement for the existing piano,
and issuing the standard humidity control lecture. When they reject that
option as being too costly, I believe I'd offer to CA the block as a
relatively low cost, kill or cure type of alternative. I'd tell them that
others have reported good results, but that I couldn't guarantee a thing,
one way or another. If that's the way they want to go, I'd get the whole
thing, disclaimer and all, in writing and CA the heck out of it at a price
that would cover all of the above, and possible subsequent discussions. If
it works, everyone wins. If it doesn't work, they lose but you don't. CYA
first.

Take notes, we want to know how it turns out.

Ron N