Refinishing Lighting

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 10:46:59 EST

Terry;
 I am kinda like Mark vis a vis lighting. In the shop I have a mixture of
lighting as follows: (14' ceiling/roof joists)

a.) On the roof joists 2 ea. 8', twin tube, flour, centered in the shop area
and placed 6' from either wall
b.) On the wall, each side of the shop,  and placed centered in the shop at
the 7' level, 2 ea., 8',  twin tube flour.
(I have a work bench, against the wall but with casters, under each of these
fixtures)
c.) Centered, width wise, in the shop and placed 6' from each end I have hung
 2 ea. 4 tube, 48" fixtures.

(as you can imagine this pretty well takes care of general lighting concerns:)

for color matching, or additional lighting from the sides I also have:

d.) centered on the side and back walls at the 7' level, total of 3 fixtures,
two bulb, 150W flood/spot lights. this provides additional side lighting
whenever needed and balances out any "blue wash from the flour. lights when
color matching.
e.) I also have 2 ea. 300W halogen floodlights mounted, center shop, 8'
level, on the side walls. These puppies are really bright but their color
'trueness' is not useful for really precise color matching.
f.) I also use a small portable spot on a stand for those tedious  side
repairs and or sanding, finding holes, patching veneer, etc. This thingee is
easily adjustable for any angle/height I might need for different areas of a
rim/side.

 Each of the above is switched so I can use any combination I might desire
for any particular task.....mostly though it is the four ceiling fixtures
that are used.
Hope something here might give you some ideas. :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)