Question about ear plugs...

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 11:07:29 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <maria.arnelof@spray.se>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2000 3:09 PM
Subject: Question about ear plugs...

Hi folx.
I wonder if any of you tuners use any
kind of ear plugs when tuning? This, of
course, for protection of the ears since
one bashes the keyes 1000 times over and
over again and on some pianos the trebel
can be quite harsh and tiering for the
ear that constantly listens concentrated
to it. If theres anyone who uses or
knows about the possibillity of
"special" ear plugs and brands, plz
contact me privately and I will be oh,
so gratifyed :) Are there somekind of
special brand of plugs or so?

PS: Naturally a set of ear plugs for
this special occation can not be anykind
since one has to HEAR the beats well
enough to actually be able to tune but
mabye there are somekind of plugs that
cut out the worst or just a little