SV: SV: Research: leather covered hammers

Johan Ola Andersson pianola@online.no
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 00:38:03 +0100

Hi Diane

To find a sheep of an old kind of breed is not a problem. the problem is how to keep them out of my yard.
No problem to get a skin either but I don't know who can tan them.
My neighbour who owns them don't know either.
There is probably also old breeds of sheep in USA to, imported or saved by interest groups.
The sheep on Iceland is older than the States The wikings probebly brought them to America on there first visit.
Iceland still have 100% the same breed. That must be old enough. If Kristinn run one over with his car he might send you.
The Lapps or Samer living in the North of Scandinavia can provide you with Reindeerskin tanned the old kind of way
They need real stuff to survive living outdoors in the cold. Don't buy the tourist stuff though.
I'm sure I can find something for you if you give me some time. I will contact you
I can't see that Stephen Birkett mentioned any thickness. Do you have any suggestion?

A funny thing. I went to a Felt Festival here because I wanted to know the differense between Felt and Cloth and the American lady I spoke to started to talk about David Stanwood! Small world ins't it.

I could see to Iceland from here if the earth was flat as it was during the Wiking era.
My wife is Icelandic and she's a firework by her self.
The organisation that saves people at sea gets all the money from selling firework. And because all familys has somebody at sea they buy and fire like crazy. It's unbeleaveble.

Ola Andersson
Bergen Norway