tuner's top 10

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:21:58 EST

In a message dated 12/27/00 12:13:28 AM Central Standard Time,
pianolover88@hotmail.com writes:

<< I'd like to get a "tuner's top 10" of favorite piano pieces, specifically
 selected to demonstrate the finished tuning. I'm looking for something
 relatively short, "easy" and not too fast; your basic allegro would be my
 limit, but I would prefer nothing faster than Moderato. My pianistic skill
 level is somewhere in the intermediate range. Thanks!

 Terry Peterson >>

"NOODLING," by Willem Blees. I don't play the piano, but over the years I
have developed a kind of playing that includes arpeggios in the left hand and
chords or random melody in the right. I have two variations on this, either
all on the white keys, or all on the black keys. I just let my fingers go,
keeping in mind some basic chord structures. I never play the same thing
twice. Hence I call my piece, "Variations on an unfamiliar theme." Most of my
customers think it sounds good enough to say, "You play so nice." One piano
teacher, however, once remarked: that was the most interesting chord
progressions she had ever heard.

Willem  that