When to do it

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 08:46:46 EST

In a message dated 12/26/00 9:05:03 AM Central Standard Time, JIMRPT@AOL.COM
writes:

<< 'if' the BR is bowing up and flattening out with in humidity it is only
 natural that the capstans are changing positions also..ain't it?  And ain't
 it the capstan height that determines lost motion being present or not?
 A bowed up blance rail would seem to me to produce hammers setting off of
the
 hammer rail and, vicyversey, a flattened rail would tend to introduce lost
 motion if' the hammers were let down while the thingee was bowed........or
is
 'my' egg nog fermented? :-)
 Jim Bryant (FL) >>

The way I understand it, other than the capstan rotating from front to back,
the height of the balance rail does not effect the height of the capstan. The
balance rail would have to move quite a bit for it to effect the capstan to
the point that it creates, or eliminates lost motion. Or am I missing
something?

Wim