When to do it

kam@flash.net kam@flash.net
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 00:01:21 -0600

&

>    Good idea. Since I have to occasionally service some
>Yamaha verticals at the store also, I'll definitely store this
>"hint" in the back of my mind...
>Avery

Ron, Avery, List,

This phenomina, "set just a tad high", is actually intended by the Yamaha
piano makers to be there in new verticals.  I remember hearing this
mentioned by the instructors during one of their classes at a convention.
Unfortunately, I don't remember the reason for doing so.

So applying any method of removal of this "set just a tad high" thing on
new Yamaha verticals defeat its purpose for being there.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild