Victor Borge

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 00:29:41 -0800

Friends,

It is with some sadness that I pass along news of the death of Victor Borge.

Those of us who were privileged to work with him knew him as an underrated
musician and performer.  More importantly, he was a consummate gentleman
and citizen of the world.

If, to paraphrase John Donne, every person's death diminishes me because of
my involvement in humankind; then surely, the reverse is true for those
who, like Borge, have a level of involvement with humankind which
transcends petty distinctions of language, culture, borders, time and space
- we are all diminished by his passing as we were enriched by his wit,
humor, and humanity.

More news as it comes in.  If others have more information, please do pass
it on.

Best regards to all,

Horace