Superglue and Agraffes?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:19:29 EST

In a message dated 12/19/00 11:36:31 PM Central Standard Time,
carolrpt@hotmail.com writes:

<< I need to know if I'm just becoming old and cranky, or is there really
 something valid about temporarily repairing a broken agraffe with superglue.
   A brand new baby grand piano had just been uncrated when I  noticed the
 agraffe (three hole) on the second tenor unison had sheared off at the
 plate.  Immediately the manufacturer was called and they sent a new agraffe
 - however they sent the wrong size.  This wasn't discovered though, until I
 had already cut 4 wires and extracted the piece still remaining in the
 plate.  They claimed they were out of stock on the correct size agraffe, and
 that I should just superglue the old one together!  I was absolutely
 shocked!

 I threatened to send the piano back if a proper size part didn't arrive in a
 timely fashion.  I have heard of many marvelous repairs that superglue can
 be used for, but is this one of them?

 Carol Beigel

There is only one way to find out, and that is to try it. If it works, then
we'll have a new use for super glue. But if it doesn't. and I doubt it will,
you can tell the manufacturer where to take there suggestion.

Wim