Danger technical content!!

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 08:36:19 -0500

At 10:50 PM 12/20/2000 -0800, you wrote:

>>New capstans, new hole, either the same or new keys.
>>
>>Trying not to be overly wordy...
>>
>>Del
>
>How would Jim's heavy new press compare to simply mounting
>some appropriately shaped jig in the chuck of a drill
>press, and using it with the power turned off? Does Jim's
>new gadget have more leverage?
>
>Del, you can be as wordy as you please. The details help.
>
>Susan

I use a portable drill press stand for this, the kind in which one secures
an electric drill. The attachment for securing the drill has been long broken
but the quill feed is working fine for key leading operations.

Pressing on,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net