Overshoot (was Re: Young Chang bridge pins)

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 11:21:00 -0600

Hi Keith,

These are the indicators I have found so far.

If it is a full perimeter metal plate, or if there are individual hitch
pins for every note, or if there are as on the Young Chang G-200 One
individually tied string followed by one looped string.

A bit of Christmas humor? If the plate is heavy you won't be able to lift
the piano by yourself, and *if* you succeed it will *HURT* when you drop it
on your toes? *grin*

At 09:57 AM 12/19/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>>...This piano has an amazingly heavy plate too (I overshot the pitch
>>raise). Sigh.
>
>>Ron N
>
>Ron, List,
>
>Amen on that sigh, Ron.  Those overshoot times are so disappointing to me.
>
>Are you indicating heavy plates has something to do with that activity?  If
>so, what visible signs might show a plate to be heavier than others?
>
>Any other telltale signs that would reflect overshoot conditions before
>doing a pitch change?
>
>Keith McGavern aka McOvershootmorethanilike
>Registered Piano Technician
>Oklahoma Chapter 731
>Piano Technicians Guild
>USA