Pitch raising

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 13:35:20 -0800

I was just thinking -- I play the piano, as well as wanting to learn tuning
(just tuned my mom's YC Pramberger PG-150 a couple weeks ago).  If I had my
own piano that was unable to come up to pitch, I would probably tune it
flat, in intervals of 100c, so I could play along with other instruments
even if I had to transpose.

Another thing -- I sometimes play my Ricca & Son piano (the one with the
broken B27 string and on which I did a 100c pitch raise) along with
recordings that are 50c flat.  What's your suggestions?  Leave the piano
where it is (440, most recordings are on pitch), tune it 50c flat, or
compromise and tune it 25c flat?