Fw: Real ETD test.

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 00:01:47 EST

In a message dated 12/15/00 8:52:56 PM Central Standard Time,
ramsey@extremezone.com writes:

<< It seems to me that if you really want to find out if someone can tune
 with an ETD, let them take the test with it. But do it on a piano that needs
 a lot of compromise, like most verticals. Then just listen to how it sounds.
 Most ETDs work great on pianos that are well scaled, and tuning with one on
 a lessor instrument would really show up someone's lack of basic knowledge.
 Kevin E. Ramsey, R.P.T. >>

I think the same can be said for an aural tuner. I think an aural tuner would
have as much difficulty passing the RPT exam on a cheap vertical as the ETD
tuner.

Willem