ETD's, calculators and the exam

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 23:54:16 EST

In a message dated 12/15/00 8:28:13 PM Central Standard Time,
ramsey@extremezone.com writes:

<< In the case of completely eliminating the aural part of the test; Yes, I am
 against that. In fact, if they wanted to make the tuning test aural only, I
 would say OK. >>

If I recall, at one time there was a discussion about retesting Aural tuners
if they wanted to use a machine, to make sure they knew how to use one. Not
only was it felt that that would take too much time, but who is going to
police that?  Because so many tuners are using ETD's now, it seems the best
alternative is to at least have them do the simple aural test that is being
done now. Whether we will got he next step will have to be seen.

Willem