A most unique action

VOCE88@AOL.COM VOCE88@AOL.COM
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 06:44:28 EST

In a message dated 12/15/00 4:19:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, rrg@nevada.edu
writes:

> Has anyone else on the list serviced one of these?  The customer
> said they moved it from Tennessee so perhaps there are more in
> that area of the country.  It looked like it would be an
> interesting rebuilding project except for the fact that it would
> doubtfully be worth the money.
>
> Just wondering.
>
> Rob Goodale, RPT
> Las Vegas, NV

Hi Rob,

There are lots more here on the East Coast, I am sure. At Cunningham, we have
rebuilt several K&B grands at customer request, and the thin hammers and
flanges and whippens DO present a challenge. (Thank you Wally Brooks)

They turn out to be a nice piano, although not a Mason & Hamlin, to be sure.
BTW, many until after 1900 used rocker actions.

Richard Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co. & Factory
Philadelphia, Pa.
1 (800) 394-1117