Home Alone

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 22:32:43 -0600

Hi Terry,

I used to do that on a semi regular basis. Then one of my clients was
burglarized. I was interviewed by the police. The client now uses another
tuner. Funny thing was--he at the last moment decided to stay home--and I
gave him a ride to work. That was the last time  I will *ever* offer to
lock up after a client leaves.

At 05:41 PM 12/12/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Sometimes when tuning in a private home, the owner says - "Gee, I gotta go
>out and ......  Do you mind locking the door on your way out?" Or sometimes
>a long-time client says that they can't be home, but they will leave the key
>under the door. "Just let yourself in dear, the check will be on the piano".
>
>But how about the guy that calls you - you've never heard of, met, seen this
>guy in your life - tells you he wants the piano tuned as a present for his
>wife, he can't be home, but the key is in the barbie on the back porch
>(check will be left with key).
>
>Has anyone ever had a bad experience with any of these scenarios? The last
>one I did today - first time. I did not feel entirely comfortable with the
>circumstances. Seemed OK though in the end.
>
>Terry Farrell
>Piano Tuning & Service
>Tampa, Florida
>mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com