Home Alone

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:41:53 -0500

Sometimes when tuning in a private home, the owner says - "Gee, I gotta go
out and ......  Do you mind locking the door on your way out?" Or sometimes
a long-time client says that they can't be home, but they will leave the key
under the door. "Just let yourself in dear, the check will be on the piano".

But how about the guy that calls you - you've never heard of, met, seen this
guy in your life - tells you he wants the piano tuned as a present for his
wife, he can't be home, but the key is in the barbie on the back porch
(check will be left with key).

Has anyone ever had a bad experience with any of these scenarios? The last
one I did today - first time. I did not feel entirely comfortable with the
circumstances. Seemed OK though in the end.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com