west going hard too fast

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:24:55 -0500

At 01:46 AM 12/12/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>OK, John,
>
>   At the risk of scorn, derision, and ridicule, I must profess ignorance:
>what is fairing compound, what would be suitable applications, and briefly,
>how is it used?  Thanks.
>
>Dan Dannenfelser

Fairing compound:
"Creates an extremely light, easily sanded, surfacing compound. Blends
easily and
has a smooth texture which allows pinhole filling and featheredging."

I use it to thicken and color (tan) epoxy. Other fillers thicken also.

West Systems has a brochure with related products listed and described.
This "Pocket Catalogue"
lists 6 fillers, 5 additives, 4 hardeners, 1 resin and various associated
items.

http://www.boater.com/repinfo/westsys/west1.html#overview
http://www.westsystem.com/webpages/home/links.htm

Jon Page,   piano technician