Old Yamaha (was: west going hard too fast

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 23:52:21 -0500

This piano has two pedals and the serial number is 58798

It was dropped off today by the storage company (reputable) who were
concerned by its condition.
I took one look at it and told the drivers that the storage company is not
in any way responsible for
the condition of the piano. Now, seeing that it's a gray market piano I
will stress to them. I guess they
fear for the liability aspect. It should not fall on them to suffer
financial loss for a product which was
built i9nsuitably for this region of the planet.

Glueing the laminations is the easy part. The finish surface is a miriad of
cracks. The outer veneer
is cracking. This does not happen to the scores of other pianos which they
store but somehow they
want to appease this customer - of a problem which he does not know
exists.  CYA is not called
for in this instance.  I can fix it easy enough (famous last words...) but
the storage co. should not bear
the brunt of structural failure of this kind.

The piano was not stored on a concrete floor, but a plywood dolly
constructed by 'the deliveror' many
years ago.  The storage co, found a break/sag in the middle of the 'dolly'
and are attempting to
assuage potential hastles. I told them that the biggest cosmetic fault lies
int he cracked outer veneer,
not the split rim.

I better order more epoxy, (keeps my 301 fresh :-)
@ $53/qt  :-(

Regards,
Jon Page