Yamaha pianos

Bud Schwab budschwab@earthlink.net
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 17:53:31 -0800

Hi David,

I was a Yamaha dealer for a number of years from 1963 till I retired in
1982.  I don't know about the more recent Yamahas made in Japan, but the
first ones that came over here were of course two pedal and they seemed to
have some trouble with the pinblocks not being treated for our climate.  I
would think that might have been rectified by now although I don't know if
it was built for domestic use in Japan.  I'm sure there are technicians on
this list who have much newer info on the subject, just wanted to stick my
head in and say hi.

Bud

>Anybody have any information on the difference between Yamaha pianos built
>in Japan for Japanese distribution versus ones for US distribution.  I
>have a customer looking at a U1, 15 years old that falls into the made for
>Japanese distribution category.  It has only two pedals, otherwise there
>is not obvious difference.
>
>David Love
>Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com

                                                 Bud Schwab