music desk felt

Douglasmahard@AOL.COM Douglasmahard@AOL.COM
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 18:18:23 EST

In a message dated 12/11/2000 7:13:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
cedel@supernet.com writes:

<< Friends,

 I service a 1976 Yamaha grand G2 that has felt on the music shelf.  How
 do I go about replacing the felt, and where do I get the felt (part
 number also, if you have it), to end up with a job that looks
 factory-perfect and will hold up well?  It's a sort of brown or cinnamon
 color.  Thanks.

 Regards,
 Clyde Hollinger, RPT
 Lititz, PA, USA

Hi Clyde,

Did one of these myself.  Like Ron suggested, scraping with a chisel worked
for me.  I looked in all the piano parts suppliers for the same color and
didn't have any luck.  With the customers OK I  went with black felt from
local fabric store and it looks good and is holding up well.  This was three
years ago.  Used hot hyde glue and a roto cutter for sizing the felt.  It
looked factory if I do say so myself.

Doug