SAT Mystery

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:02:53 -0600

>...What if the machine breaks while tuning how would one
>finish???
>Walter Gramza

Walter,

There are those among us who actually have back-up machines to back up the
machines.  So it's no problem.

>One can buy many tuning hammers,  mutes,  tuning forks,  felt
>strips, for $1800.00 or so.

That's true.  But you can't play with them like you can these devices  :)
Furthermore, some persons lives and income don't dictate unnecessary
concern for more costly toys in their business.  It's all part of the joy
of vertical integration in building one's business.  At least, that's how I
look at it.

With no offense meant, this is really such an old issue that I am surprised
that anyone would be surprised to find that the world of computing and
state of the art equipment exists in the piano tuning industry, and that it
is literally fantastic in its intended application for those who care for
such things.

It would be prudent for anyone who doesn't understand or grasp such
matters, to attend a major convention sponsored by a Piano Technicians
Guild group, to become better aware of what's going out here in the world
of pianos.

You then might discover, "Whereas I was blind, now I see."
 			John 9:25

It is staggering at times the growth rate of things!

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild