[OT] Proposal on off-topic discussions

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 17:18:49 -0800

David I.,
>>When you are writing your signature in the Tools section or wherever, just
write out your email address like: richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no  It will
automatically be highlighted and provide the link.<<

Not necessarily in all email programs.  However if it is preceded by mailto:
(as in mine) it most likely will be highlighted and work as a direct link.
This also is not a guarantee because we're dealing with many different types
of email programs.

And while we're on the subject.  It would help some of us who read through
everything, (not necessarily for our own personal use) to make sure that the
subject line is reflective of what is actually in the message.  And I
personally would appreciate more piano-related tech talk and less other
talk.  I monitor two lists and receive much other email and it really is not
practical to use filters because much piano stuff lies within due to
overlaps in subjects.  Lately, more than any time I can remember since the
List began I've been deleting more than I've been saving.  (Almost more than
when things got heated for awhile before the PTG List was made available.)

Personal comments should remain just that: personal.  I hope the solution to
this will be as simple as signatures with links, but if not, how hard is it
really to figure out how to send something to someone privately?

No matter what, I'll still be reading, but I'd love to read more about what
the List was started for.

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Assistant Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net

When you are writing your signature in the Tools section or wherever, just
write out your email address like: richard.brekne@grieg.uib.no  It will
automatically be highlighted and provide the link.

David I.