Replacement Casters & New Tool

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sat, 09 Dec 2000 09:00:08 -0500

>>From: piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca (John Ross)
>>To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
>>Subject: Replacement Casters & New Tool
>>Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 19:05:13 -0400
>>
>>Hi List,
>>I have had my second school, complain of the replacement double
>>rubber wheel casters, splitting.
>>The supplier tells me he has had no complaints from anyone else.
>>The schools insist that there was no rough moving involved. (Naturally)
>>They had been installed less than a year before.
>>
>>Has anyone else had this problem?
>>
>>John M. Ross,
>>Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada.

There is an Inn here on the Cape which went through a few double rubber
casters per year.
Flag stones, thresholds and pavement (no wonder) chewed up the rubber or
bent the studs.

After installing the upright dollys from Jansen I have had no repair
orders.  These are two
units which bolt onto the piano on each end (back and bottom). They
protrude out the back
of the piano but the 4" wheels make transport a breeze.

Regards,
Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net