Will RCT do this? (was Proposal off-topic)

Tony Caught caute@optusnet.com.au
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 23:11:03 +0930

Hi Ed or

Dear Mr Foote,

Agreed. The una corda method would work on most pianos but not the new
Yamahas.

>From what I have read (on list ?) the new method for regulating the una
corda is to still have the hammer strike three strings, but a softer part of
the hammer. All this to stop the sympathetic string from vibrating sideways
and buzzing on dampers or something like that.

But what about the pianist and the different sound you get with the third
string ringing in sympathy as against being struck.

Regards

Tony Caught ICPTG
Australia
caute@optusnet.com.au

PS Me ? I just delete delete delete.  The list will settle down again when
the newbies get tired of it.

>   On heavy pitch raises, I earlier posted my procedure of dropping the
mute
> between notes and using the una corda to isolate the middle string for
> tuning, then roughly bringing up the other two.  I have altered this to
take
> advantage of the SAT's ability to listen to two strings at once.
>    The SAT can show you a string at pitch while its unison is 15 cents
below.
>  Just play two strings of the unison together and pull one up to pitch.
The