Gas Prices again- then back to pianos.

Fri, 08 Dec 2000 07:11:27 +0100

Robert Goodale wrote:

> DING  DONG  DING DANG DIN DUNGY DANG!!
>
> Sorry, incorrect answer, that's NOT what I said.  No one is disputing that the
> climate appears to be changing.  The possible cause of it and effects are the
> issues.  To have sound scientific conclusions one must first apply the scientific
> method.
> 1.  A theory
> 2.  A hypothesis to test the theory
> 3.  A sample model
> 4.  A control group model
> 5.  A substantial and credible amount of tested data from both the sample and
> control group to support the hypothesis.
>
> Unfortunately it is not possible to create a sample group and a control group for
> the earth's environment.  This only leaves theory with no practical data in which to
> prove a theory, i.e. are evil rotten humans ruining the earth by using toaster
> ovens.

Grin... why how convenient for those wishing to discount the possibility that these
folks are correct.

Er...  I think you should review your scientific method. No insult intended. Regardless
of the ability to affirm or disaffirm, it should be obvious to even the most casual
observers that you can only pump so much exhaust into the air, so many waste chemicals
into the sewers, build so many garbage dumps, cut down so many forests, fish so many
fish..... before things start to go bad....

The basic problem boils down to whether or not a thinking human being is willing to
admit or not that the species is capable of impacting our environment to a significant
degree.....be that positively or negatively. I personally dont have any problem seeing
that to be true, and personally view the positions of  "You cant prove anything" or
"this is all a bunch of political nonsense" as irrelavant balderdash..

> Then comes the politics and the media which tends to skip chapters 9 and 10
> and go straight to the end of the book at chapter 47 and predict dooms day if we
> don't stop using outdoor BBQs.

I suppose I can understand how you arrive at this conclusion given your obvious
dedication to sound research and scientific method.... grin...

> Nuf said, I got to go.  I have to drive my evil gas consuming transportation device
> to a clients home tonight to do a tuning.  Then I have to finish installing an evil
> electric energy consuming PianoDisc system.

I didnt say anything was evil about these things... what does evil have to do with it
???

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.